As you've probably noticed, I haven't managed a release of BottomFeeder for awhile. At first, it was because I was going to ship out a 7.7 based release, then 7.7.1 came out, and then I got laid off from Cincom - so through a long chain of events, it just never happened. So...
Today I was showing my build script for Bf to some folks here at my new job - they have been using RTP manually, and I thought that a script might make things easier. In doing that, I polished my script up a bit (catching some parcel dialogs I had been ignoring), and then I was just poking around the new runtime. One of the other things that had held up a release was what I thought was a new bug, but it turns out it was simply a mistake I made when porting up to 7.7.1.
If you look in class FontPolicy, there's a method: bestFont:allowance: - it will take a font request and hand you back the best match. At the very bottom of that method is this:
best == nil ifFalse: [^best].
ifNil: [self class noMatchingFontSignal raiseRequestWith: requestedFont]
ifNotNil: [noFontBlock value: requestedFont]
At some point, I removed my override fix for that - doh. So, when I get back to my home office I'll get that dealt with, do a new build, and then look at the whole rehosting problem I mentioned yesterday. The good news is, I think I'm ready to roll it out :)
smalltalk, rss, atom